WillySteed*ChristineMarie*KolleneSnow*AudienceMember*EdKociela AuthorPlygsAnswersQuestions *JewelryAtGuilt* DickJaneFlipbook*Spoilers*Tweets*RebeccaMusser*My5WivesGreat Stories*BuyTeamKolleenTshirtTodayDon'tMissOut!!!Review!!

Monday, February 13, 2012

Question of the Day - Is Monogamy the Best We Can Do?



I think we all need a laugh, so here's something I found on Vice.com . Enjoy!

By VICE Staff





That one family from Utah who had that show on TV are kicking off a debate about anti-bigamy laws. The father, Kody Brown, has four wives and 17 kids and belongs to something called the Apostolic United Brethren Church. Only one of his wives is hot, too, so you are kind of left thinking "Why are you doing this? All of your wives added together barely scrape past a ten."


Nevertheless, we still think polygamy could really offer a beautiful alternative to the way most of us do love, so we asked people: Is monogamy the best we can do?


VICE: How many wives do you wanna have when you grow up?
Um… one.

What? Only one?
The ideal marriage for me would be one.

Definitely one? Don't you think there’d be drawbacks?
Yeah, there’d be repercussions for sure. That’d cause problems. But from my perspective as a young person who hasn’t gotten into any really kinky shit yet, I just don’t think you can be with more than one person at once.

Some polygamous people keep collecting wives into their later years and end up with a few who are younger than their children. What do you think of that?
Yeah. It’s weird. My dad tried to OK a girlfriend with me recently and she was my age! It was way too weird. It’s just irritating when older guys steal away girls of your age.


VICE: Hey, ladies—is monogamy the best we can do?
Girl on right: It depends on what you think you can do to other people. You can really hurt people.

How many different husbands would you like to have, in an ideal world?
Girl on left: I like having a lot of different boyfriends. But I wouldn’t have more than one husband.

So you don’t think you can properly love more than one person?
Girl on left: That hasn’t happened to me, but I think it’s definitely obtainable.

What do you think is the maximum number of spouses someone can have and still make it work? One for each day of the week?
Girl on the left: Ha! Like the king in ancient China! I don’t know. I personally can’t make love to like... a LOT of people in a week. But if someone reckons they can deal with one a day, then why not have that.




VICE: Would you ever have more than one wife?
My parents have a really good marriage and have always taught me that’s the way to do it. I think that’s helped shaped me into the person I am. A lot of kids' parents are divorced due to polygamy...

I didn't realize there were so many orphans of polygamy running around.
Yeah. I think it can really fuck kids up on a personal level.




VICE: Is monogamy the best we can do?
No, I don’t think it is.

How many wives would you have, in an ideal world?
Errr... [long pause] one? I just couldn’t deal with the nagging.

So you wouldn’t go for one wife for every day of the week?
Well, maybe if I could get away with it. I don’t know. I just think it would be too much hassle.

Really? What if they all knew and were cool with it? And they all lived under one roof in your super mansion?
I still think I’d just stick to one. I’ve got a couple of Muslim mates with three wives and I just don’t think I could hack that.

Source: http://www.vice.com/read/question-of-the-day-is-monogamy-the-best-we-can-do

5 comments:

  1. Only one of Kody Brown's wives is hot? I think he is automatically referring to Robyn because she is the skinny one, but did he even look at their faces?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men always look at the body first...then the face...I guess they can't help it lol, must be an evolutionary instinct. I guess bc Robyn is skinny she is automatically dubbed "the Hot one" but imo she has the least attractive face. I think in order of attractive faces the order should go 1. Janelle, 2. Christine, 3. Meri, 4. Robyn...but thats just my opinion. I just think the three that are overweight need to drop a couple pounds if not for vanity but for their health. I am appalled by some of the recipes they've tweeted...I vaguely remember something about chocolate coated Fritos with sugar on top?!?! Ewww, and not to mention, way fattening!! Even the teen girls need to loose weight. I feel for them. Unfortunately,in such a large family sometimes buying whats cheap,fast and comes in bulk becomes the norm. Also emotional eating in this family situation seems like a common coping mechanism...Lord knows what i would be eating if I had to share my hubby with three other women!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's difficult enough finding one person that shares your values and goals. Personally, I'm going with monogamy.

    Perhaps a plural relationship could work provided that: all spouses (male and female) were considered equal partners in the relationship, everyone took care of the children: this includes helping with school work/discpline (take a hint, Kody), and that polygamy (at least in its FLDS form) was separated from racism (FLDS is considered a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center for this reason), sexism and tackled its child abuse/underage bride issues (this is on both the FLDS side and AUB side-Christine's grandfather married 15 year olds).

    This is polygamy. There are several pro-polyamory books out there, but I don't know of any that have an honest account of successful polygamous relationships (polyandry with the religious component).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meri looks like she's showcasing Kody's new pregnancy. but then i think every picture of them all together looks ridiculously weird and unsettling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! and very very photoshopped! Look at those PERFECT faces!

      Delete